Headaches and Migraines—Oh, My!
We hear it all the time: “Does anyone have any Tylenol?” As nights become longer, computer screens brighter and sinuses worse each year, headaches will remain a frequent occurrence.
Over the years, modern medicine has developed treatments that ease the pain of headaches in 20 minutes or less, but due to the harsh side effects, these medications are not always beneficial. Happily, holistic techniques like aromatherapy are available to cure ailments without those unwanted reactions.
Aromatherapy is an alternative medicine that improves a person’s health or mood by using essential oils and other aromatic plant compounds. Don’t shake your head in disbelief at me—it works! Aromatherapy is becoming an increasingly popular source of complementary medicine for people suffering from an assortment of ailments.
Ready to try it for yourself? Let the gurus of HealingRadius help you cure your headaches with aromatherapy!
What is Aromatherapy?
The roots of this practice run deep throughout our history, dating back to Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine and the Egyptians. Aromatherapy, however, was not a well-studied practice until a painful skin-related burn occurred. In the 1930s, French chemist René-Maurice Gattefossé experienced an injury to his hand while working in his laboratory. Out of reflex, he plunged his hand into the closest liquid, a dish of lavender oil, and to his relief, the burn healed quickly and without scarring. Since that had happened with the healing nature of lavender oil, René-Maurice established the practice of aromatherapy.
Today, aromatherapists treat a variety of health-related problems, helping you get back to your healthy self quicker!
Will This Really Cure My Headaches?
Oftentimes we experience headaches due to the conditions around us, which cause our brain to go into overdrive. A calm and soothing environment can relax us—and our brain—to the point that we start feeling relief. Herbal combinations are a holistic way to heal your headache by releasing smells to enlighten and awaken the sense. Try it and discover the healing aroma for yourself!
These herbal combinations are just what you need to help that happen:
- Peppermint and Spearmint: These mint varieties awaken the mind and produce a cooling effect that can help swelling and aches.
- Rosewood: beautiful wood from the famous, giant evergreen rosewood trees in Brazil is used to produce a powerful, uplifting smell.
- Lavender: The emanator of peace, lavender provides a soothing aroma.
How the Remedy Really Works
Try the following three methods to create a soothing environment, the best for curing headaches.
- Bath Bomb: In a muslin sack, combine a scoop of chamomile, peppermint, spearmint and lavender. Close the bag and place it in a tub, making an herbal tea soak. Epsom salts and other essential oils placed directly into the water works well in combination. Soak and enjoy this healing bathtime until you feel better!
- Diffuser: Don’t spend a lot on a diffuser, buy a candle diffuser instead. These work the best to disperse remedies or freshen the air. For headaches, put 10 drops of essential oil in the top portion and then a candle underneath. Between 15 and 30 minutes, the diffuser will send calm and soothing smells to heal your mind.
- Compress: This a popular form of headache relief as you can do it anywhere that’s accessible to hot water. To use, retrieve a bowl of hot water, either by heating it on the stove or in the microwave, and mix in 10 drops of essential oils. Soak a clean washcloth in the water, then take it out and let it cool slightly for a few minutes and then place it over your face. You can repeat this several times—the scented steam will help to relieve your headache. If you want to relieve the headache faster, try massaging your temples with the towel on your face.
Don’t let headaches stop you from enjoying your day. Use Aromatherapy and continue on your healthy lifestyle path, today!
Did you love learning about how to cure headaches with Aromatherapy? Let us know in the comment section below!
The best thing you can do to help yourself is to heal yourself. Find and book an appointment with a wellness or fitness center through HealingRadius.com!