Go Big and Stay Home
In the words of Jim Gaffigan, “The most annoying thing are those people in exceptionally good shape at the gym. I’m like, ‘What are you doing here? You’re done!’”
I’m sure I’m not the only one who dreads the thought of driving to a crowded gym just to wait in line to use a machine. ‘Ain’t nobody got time for that.’ So why deal with the hassle? Staying home to workout is an effective way to reach your goals when you don’t feel like traveling all the way to the gym. And, although I might not be able to help you push the coffee table out of the way, I do have some fun, at-home workout routines to keep you motivated!
- Thigh Blaster: Trim and tone your thighs with this killer squatting move! With a weight in each hand, stand with your feet hip-width apart. Bend your knees and push back until your thighs are almost parallel to the floor. Imagine the motion that you are about to sit in a chair. Slowly raise back up, straightening your legs. Do this eight to ten times. An important part to remember is that you need to keep your chest raised and your shoulders back—don’t want to wake up with a sore back tomorrow.
- Leg Lunges: One of the most effective lower body workouts is walking lunges. Hold a weight in each hand with your arms by your side. Take a big step forward with your right foot and bend your knee until your front (right) leg makes a 90-degree angle. Your back (left) knee should almost touch the floor. Make sure to keep the top half of your body straight. Return to the start position and repeat eight to ten times.
- Tone the Arms: Have a sturdy coffee table or room in front of your couch? This move will work great for you! Sit on the table/couch with your legs together, knees bent and your knuckles facing outwards. Straighten your arms and lift yourself off the table. Bend your elbows and lower yourself to the floor. Straighten your arms back up and repeat the move eight to ten more times.
- Push-Ups: A little different than the conventional push-up this workout has you lying on your back and your feet flat on the floor. Hold a weight in each hand over your chest. Bend your elbow 90 degrees, lowering your arms to their sides at shoulder height. Let the back of your arms touch the floor and return the weight up again to the start. Repeat eight to ten times.
- Washboard Abs: Introducing the amazing abs exercise! Lie on back on a mat or carpet, with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind your head with your elbows pointed out. Exhale as your life your head, neck and shoulders. Repeat the move eight to ten times or until you feel the glorious abdominal burn. Remember keep your chin away from your chest and elbows out, this will prevent any straining or neck injuries.
- Bicep Curls: Sculpt your biceps with this simple movement. Starting with your feet together and a weight in each hand, place your hands with the palms facing out on your thighs. Bend your elbows up gradually, bringing the weight to your shoulders. Slowly lower your arms and repeat eight to ten times.
Being healthy and feeling good is easier and more convenient than you think! Give these few moves a try and continue your health and wellness journey, today.
Did you love learning about the best workouts to do in your home? Let us know in the comment section below!
The best thing you can do to help yourself is to heal yourself. Find and book an appointment with a wellness or fitness center through HealingRadius.com!