If you’ve been using and growing your essential oil starter kit, you may have learned by now you can even incorporate EOs into your cooking! Which is exactly what we’re doing today with this yummy lavender lemonade which, as an added bonus, can help with anxiety and headaches.
On a warm, sunny afternoon, there’s not much better than sitting in the shade with a glass of lemonade. And when you combine that lemonade with lavender, a gentle herb known to calm the senses, you’ve got quite a drink. You see, the lemonade helps deliver lavender’s medicinal properties to your body, making for some powerful healing.
Lavender has over 150 active constituents that make it super helpful with a lot of health ailments. It possesses anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifying, hypotensive, and sedative properties, and it’s been shown to reduce depression, improve sleep, and ease labor pains.
It’s been used in aromatherapy, essential oils, and now lemonade to allow us access to all those helpful properties for our own health and wellness. So now, without further ado, here’s that delicious recipe:
- 1 cup raw honey
- 5 cups water
- ¼ cup dried, organic culinary lavender OR 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
- Lavender sprigs, for garnish
- Bring ½ your water to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add honey and lavender and let it steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain your mix and pour it into a large container.
- Add lemon juice and the rest of your water.
- Stir well.
- Refrigerate and serve.
Need Even More Lavender?
Truthfully, we can’t get enough of the stuff here at HealingRadius. And if lemonade’s not your thing, we know a few other ways you can get those soothing, healing effects:
- Add 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to a bath. It’s incredibly relaxing and the lavender even helps rehydrate dry skin.
- During the workday, diffuse 10-12 drops throughout your workspace. Anything to make the office less stressful, right?
- Add a drop to your face lotion to soothe and cleanse your skin. Plus, you guessed it: a relaxing scent to accompany you throughout the day!
- Mix a few drops with a carrier oil, like coconut oil, to get a spa-worthy, relaxing moisturizer!
What are your favorite ways to use lavender? Tell us all about it in the comments!